Here is another short quiz to test your knowledge of operation and maintenance principles. The questions are meant to promote discussion and thought, so they might not always be straightforward with clear, well-defined answers.
1. T or F - Maintenance activities for a system are not affected by the hydraulic loading.
2. T or F - Total suspended solids is a measure of the quantity of solids that are suspended in the wastewater.
3. T or F - BOD is the only indicator of the organic strength of wastewater.
4. T or F - Graywater is relatively clean wastewater with limited amounts of contaminates.
5. T or F - Aerobic microbes use free oxygen for respiration.