Here is another short quiz to test your knowledge of operation and maintenance principles. The questions are meant to promote discussion and thought, so they might not always be straightforward with clear, well-defined answers.
1. T or F - A cycle counter does not really need to be read because the numbers can be very large and hard to calculate.
2. T or F - Your eyes straying from the task at hand is the most common cause for impact or splashback accidents.
3. T or F - The top of the scum layer can be over the baffles in an acceptable operating condition.
4. T or F - A trash tank and a holding tank operate the same way, applying the same principles.
5. T or F - A septic tank uses gravity to separate the lighter and heavier solids.