Here is another short quiz to test your knowledge of operation and maintenance principles. The questions are meant to promote discussion and thought, so they might not always be straightforward with clear, well-defined answers.
1. T or F - A septic tank should be pumped if it is 37 percent full of sludge and scum.
2. T or F - A trash trap should be watertight and remove materials that would interfere with the operation of an ATU.
3. T or F - Thick scum is never a problem for a sludge judge when measuring scum and sludge depths.
4. T or F - On-demand systems operate the pump and system more effectively than timer systems.
5. T or F - A multistage pump is typically installed in a pump vault to protect it from excessive solids.